Smoke Up Johnny
Smoke up Johnny! It’s true, the name for everyone’s favorite skirt chasing, alcoholic, smoking robot was chosen by creator Matt Groening as an homage to everyone’s favorite bad boy from The Breakfast Club! But did you know there are also Bender crossovers?
– Our favorite robot has made cameo appearances in a two other animated series, they are The Simpsons and Family guy! He was in five episodes of The Simpsons and in two episodes of Family Guy.
– A true crossover episode of The Simpsons called “Simpsorama” where he goes back in time to kill Homer because he is told that creatures that are destroying his time are descended from Homer.
– His favorite saying is “Bite my shiny metal ass.” or some variation thereof.
– His full name is Bender Bending Rodriguez.
– Bender constantly claims to be made of thirty to forty percent of various metals, typically following up his claims by knocking on his own chassis. His credibility on this matter is thrown into question by the fact that his various claims now add up to well over one hundred percent. Bender has alternately claimed to be:
– 40% zinc (1ACV13)
– 40% titanium (2ACV03)
– 30% iron (3ACV22)
– 40% dolomite (4ACV07)
– 40% luck/horseshoes (ITWGY)
– 40% chromium (6ACV03)
– 60% storage space (6ACV10)
– 40% scrap metal (6ACV23)
– 40% wire (7ACV03)
– 40% empty (7ACV09)
– 0.04% nickel impurity (3ACV17)
– 40% lead (FVG)