Crazy, but true! A man named Kyle MacDonald started trading with one red paperclip and ended up with a house!
He chronicled his trading experiences in a blog titled One Red Paperclip. He made a total of fourteen trades, and with every trade he got something “bigger or better”
One Red Paperclip
A list of the trades:
– July 14, 2005. He went to Vancouver and traded the paperclip for a fish-shaped pen.
– He then traded the pen the same day for a hand-sculpted doorknob from Seattle, Washington.
– July 25, 2005, he travelled to Amherst, Massachusetts, with a friend to trade the doorknob for a Coleman camp stove (with fuel).
– September 24, 2005, he went to California, and traded the camp stove for a Honda generator.
– November 16, 2005, he made a second attempt, the first saw the generator confiscated by the New York City Fire Department. The second was in – Maspeth, Queens, to trade the generator for an “instant party”. An empty keg, an IOU for filling the keg with the beer of the bearer’s choice, and a neon Budweiser sign.
– December 8, 2005, he traded the “instant party” to Quebec comedian and radio personality Michel Barrette for one Ski-Doo snowmobile.
– Within a week of that, he traded the snowmobile for a two-person trip to Yahk, British Columbia, scheduled for February 2006.
– January 7, 2006. He traded the second spot on the Yahk trip for a box truck.
– February 22, 2006. He traded the box truck for a recording contract with Metalworks in Mississauga, Ontario.
– April 11, 2006. He traded the recording contract to Jody Gnant for a year’s rent in Phoenix, Arizona.
– April 26, 2006, he traded the one year’s rent in Phoenix, Arizona, for one afternoon with Alice Cooper.
– May 26, 2006, he traded the one afternoon with Alice Cooper for a KISS motorized snow globe.
– June 2, 2006, he traded the KISS motorized snow globe to Corbin Bernsen for a role in the film Donna on Demand.
– July 5, 2006, he traded the movie role for a two-story farmhouse in Kipling, Saskatchewan.
Check out more:
Check out his blog, or buy his book here: One Red Paperclip
If you like this fact you should check out our Random Category!