The 3 Musketeers Bar is one of my favorite candy bars. I wish that I could have tried the original flavors!
The 3 Musketeers bar was introduced by the M&M/Mars company in 1932. Originally, it had three pieces in one package, flavored chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Which is where the name came from! M&M/Mars company derived the name from the novel The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. The government placed restrictions on sugar and this led to Mars removing the Strawberry and Vanilla pieces. Crazy right! I Bet Strawberry nougat is the bomb though, and I would really like to try that…
3 Musketeers Facts!
– 3 Musketeers cost only 5 cents when it was introduced. This made it a relatively large and cheap candy that could be shared with friends.
– A standard size 3 Musketeers bar has 257 calories, 5 grams of saturated fat, and 40 grams of sugar.
– The Mars company has introduced a lot of different flavors introduced for limited periods of time over the past few years. I found a list!
1. Original 3 bar-Chocolate (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry), 1932–1945
2. Chocolate with filling, 1945–present
3. Mint, in 2007
4. “Autumn Minis”. Cappuccino, French Vanilla, and Strawberry, in 2007
5. Cherry, in 2008
6. Raspberry, in 2008
7. Orange, in 2008
8. Chocolate Strawberry Brownie, in 2008
9. Chocolate Brownie Bar (Generation Max series)
10. S’Mores Brownie Bar (Generation Max series)
11. Truffle Crisp
12. Marshmallow, limited edition Minis, Easter 2011 and 2012
13. Coconut, 2011
14. Hot Chocolate with marshmallow, Christmas 2012
If you like this fact you should check out our Food Category!